Friday, January 24, 2014

Half Training Week 1

Every year I set out to run my 2nd half marathon (the 1st was October 2008) and every year things come up as to why I can't train..... Pregnancies, nursing infants who don't take bottles, working, no baby-sitters, a husbands hectic schedule, not enough time in the day, mommy exhaustion... I could go on.  A whole lot of life has happened since 2008! 

Well this year has got to be different.  We started the year off with our one word, "intentional" and this year I will be intentional with my time and intentional with my training.  I am determined to complete that 2nd half marathon this year!  There is a race locally on May 18th, I haven't signed up yet, but plan to as soon as funds allow, because we all know that there's no better accountability to train than signing up and paying, right?  At least if you're as frugal as me, there's no way I would pay and not show up! 

I've looked up several training schedules, have found one I like and I'm trying to tweak it to my needs and to our schedule.  Where it gets hectic is that it's ridiculously cold out right now and so I am forced to do some running at the gym but can only get into the gym as Daniel's guest which means going when he's available, and his work schedule is a little different than most. Oh, and we also have 2 kids!   Trying to make it work though, and the days I can't get outside or to the gym, I'm subbing with some Turbo Fire or P90x. 

Here's how week 1 went:

Saturday January 18- Turbo Fire, Fire 30 class
Sunday January 19- Rest
Monday January 20- Ran 2.6 miles, Turbo Fire abs 10 class and stretch 10 class
Tuesday January 21- Rest
Wednesday January 22- Ran 3 miles and an ab work out with Daniel at the gym.
Thursday January 23- 1 hour of Zumba (1st time ever doing a Zumba class)
Friday January 24- Ran 2.5 miles, walked .5 mile
Saturday January 25- Rest

It isn't much, but it's a start! Excited to see how I feel next week, and hope to increase mileage a bit next week.  The hardest thing to combat right now is that, with it being so cold outside, my runs Wednesday and Friday were at the gym on the treadmill, and the treadmill is SO SO boring! Definitely looking forward to spring and warmer weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment