Sunday, December 22, 2013

Annual Holiday Treats

Spent the majority of yesterday in the kitchen working on our annual holiday goodie/treat bags.  A fun tradition for me, and also many of our friends begin to ask about he holiday treats as we get closer to Christmas.  This year the majority of goodies will be going to Daniel's squad as they work through Christmas, and I made a few extra bags for some friends and family.  For the most part, the treat bags have the same stuff each year, but I also like to try something new once in a while.

This years treats include--

Snicker doodles 

Peppermint Lollipops- original tutorial Here.

Chocolate Dipped Snowballs-- my grown up version of rice Krispy treats.  Same recipe but made with honey bunches of oats instead of Rice Krispies.  And then partially dipped in chocolate Candiquik.

Amish bread (A slice of cranberry orange and a slice of apple cinnamon in each.) Original recipe found here.  

Christmas Cheer Mix- a mix of multigrain Cheerios, M&M's and peanuts smothered in vanilla Candiquik. 

15 bags in all filled to the brim with treats for our friends.  I think next year I should probably include a little something savory too.  Do you bake certain treats for the holidays?  Do share, I'm always looking for new inspiration!




No comments:

Post a Comment